How can I bring back the changes in my behaviour and be close to my friends ?

Sir, I have been behaving unnaturally for past 3 months probably ever since I overreacted in an occasion. Ever since then people say and sometimes I feel that my behavior changed drastically. I tried talking about it with some of my close friends and their advice was to move on and completely forget about that incident. I have desperately tried that but it doesn t seem to happen. I just want to be close with my friends and every time I do something, I mess it up badly and regret my action after wards. I have also started feeling that my friends became irritated because of my behavior and stopped talking the way they used to. Whenever I feel lonely, I try talking with some of my friends but they don t pick up the call and this makes me feel very bad. It s just that I don t know what to do and I question myself a lot of times before doing something and I continuously feel guilty and bad. The only thing that is running in my mind is whether is it possible to be close again with my friends and if so what can I do to do so..............
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Looks like you are stressed and you require conselling. If you are depressed then i suggest you meet a psychiatrist as well.
Have a healthy living