How can I boost my metabolism? Used Tanita machine, lost weight

Hello..I have recently (6 months ago) begun a transition in my diet and exercise regime. I am 22. I ve lost a fair amount of weight, however I used Tanita machine to measure my vitals, (body water, metabolic age etc.) and my Metabolic age is 50. After I found this out I was horrified...I am NOT extremely obese. But, I have always struggled with my weight and getting it off. Once I saw this result, I began more intensely exercising, and watching what I was eating. But my metabolic age has stayed the same. This is an eye opener, but also very frustrating and disappointing. What can I do to boost my metabolism? Anything besides what I have been???
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012