How are swollen eyelids treated ?

My eyelid on left eye is swollen and the creases in my lid are gone. It is making my eye appear to bulge slightly. Can I take an expectorant to help this. I have a small amount of sinus drainage on the left side. This started about 1 month before my son was born. I thought it would go away after I delivered but it hasn t. He is 2 weeks old.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Please don't ignore your swelling particularly the one which is making your eyes protrude. Get an immediate ophthalmologist opinion.
Sometimes due to sinusitis the eyes do get swollen up. So it could be nothing also.
But Orbit is small cavity which hold the eyes in its room.Any swelling within the orbit will try to push the eyeballs out and make them protrude. It will give pressure to the eye and hence the discomfort while moving them and hazy vision. So you might need a CT -orbits after your consultation to evaluate the cause.