How are rashes on the corner of the mouth treated ?

Dear Doctor I am 57 years 5ft 2 and in good health. I have a rush at the corner of my mouth, what can i do to deal with it.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

If it is involving both the angles of mouth ,then it must be ANGULAR CHEILITIS or ANGULAR STOMATITIS.
It can be because of any of the following reasons:
fungal infection or bacterial infection (can be secondary also)
vitamin B deficiency
Ill-fitting dentures.
Zinc deficiency
Iron deficiency
anorxia nervosa
stomach upset
Treatment would begin with oral anti fungal and anti bacterial agents.Along with this one should take a long course of oral vitamin B complex medicines.
So keep your general condition good and you would see a early response.