How and when can i confirm pregnancy ? Is travelling OK during pregnancy ?

Hi, I am 27 yrs old and I am a software professional from Chennai. Its 4 months since I got married and We are planning for baby asap. I get regular periods. Normally I get periods four days prior to the previous month date. My last periods was on13th Feb. This month I dint get my periods still. Are there chances for pregnancy? How and when to confirm it? What are the dos and donts, if pregnancy is confirmed? Will travelling have any bad effect, because I need to travel an hour to office by public transport?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Welcome to do get a urine pregnancy test done which will tell you whether you are pregnant or not.Sometimes if you are anxious also will delay periods.However you can do urine test and also get a scan done to confirm the same.Let us know.All the Best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. You can do a pregnancy test at home itself by getting a pregnancy kit. This is available at all medical stores. Once your pregnancy is confirmed, I would advise you to get checked with a gynecologist. It is advised to be careful in the first three months, public transport is fine. Try and get a seat to sit if possible if the journey is long duration. Take care