How accurate a HIV test will be after 29 days of sex ?

I used a condom in a sex with a sex worker after 28 days I had HIV DUO Test. HOW accurate is this test at 29 days. Can I be relived.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Hi Masoud

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

HIV DUO test is a newer test which can detect both antibodies and p24 antigen.This is useful in detecting the disease even before the antibodies are formed as it will detect antigen also.
But the time of appearance of virus in body depends on the incubation period.Anyways the test is effective in detecting HIV.You should have serial check s for HIV to be sure of anything.

Good luck.