How Hypericum Mysorense and Hypericum Hookeranum suppress Herpes Simplex?

Hello Dr. Arjunan, I am interested in two herbs identified in this news report - Hypericum Mysorense and Hypericum Hookeranum and their ability to supress HSV1 completely. Might you be able to tell me how I may get a treatment consisting of this herbal remedy from India or provide me with a contact to herbal traditional healers in Nilgrili Hills area. Thank you very much. NEW DELHI, Aug 23 (Bernama) -- Indian scientists claim to have identified two plants in the Nilgiri hills that may contain a cure for life-threatening diseases caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), said the Press Trust of India (PTI) in a report Monday. The finding assumes significance as drugs currently available to treat HSV infections are very few and not efficient. P Vijayan and co-workers at the J S S College of Pharmacy in Ootacamund in southern state of Tamil Nadu report that extracts of Hypericum Mysorense and Hypericum Hookeranum suppressed HSV infection 100 per cent.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jan 2010