Hot tub cover landed on my head, neck

Yesterday, I got into my hot tub and sat down before thrusting the top over (divides into 3 parts) but instead of it opening, it came back down and hit me on my head , directly on top. I heard my entire neck crunch inside but it did not knock me out. I have pain on the left side of my neck/ shoulder , and have difficulty turning my head today (can do it but it hurts) or looking up or down. Looking at the anatomy of my neck, the pain isn t consistent with the sound of the location of the possible break/crunch. How long should I wait before seeing a doctor? What was cause the crunching sound?
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
  Anonymous's Response
I'm 14 and yesterday i was pitching for my softball game when i heard like a tearing sound under my ear. Ever since then I can't move my neck to the right side and it hurts to move it forward or back. It happened right after i heard the sound. It's not swollennor does it have a bruise and it doesn't hurt when i touch it. It only hurts when I bend it.
hi ,welcome,
since the top hit directly on your head,the force which exerted transmit through the vertebrae as a result even though no direct hurt over vertebrae you feeling crunching sound and caused the injury to the muscles supporting the vertebrae over the neck area can call as sprain to then . if no swelling,color change(bruise) no need to worry you do some vapor fomentation over that area after 2-3 days of rest. by that time you can take some anti inflammatory drugs internally.
thanking you