Hot oil burn on forehead. Using silverex ointment, black spots remain. Permanent cure?

I had hot oil spillage over my forehead and hands on 2nd Nov. Doctor said it is 1% burn and suggested to use Silverex ointment. I am using that since then. Now there are black spots remained. Should I continue use of silverex and spots will go or should I change ointment for completely get rid of spots. Since it is on my face I am much worried. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Ruchi,
Silverex is basically an antibiotic cream which was prescribed so that your burn can heal. Now as your burn has healed with pigmentation, you need a treatment to reduce that. You can use any of the medicated pigmentation reducing creams or even go with spot chemical peels with Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid to reduce the pigmentation. I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist for the same.Also use a good sunscreen with whatever treatment the doctor prescribes. Take care.