Hot in face, losing balance, numbness, sore neck, unable to move left side. Why?

My friend was sittiong on a bed talking to him uncle n smoking a cig. I went in there to join them when my friend stopped in mid sentence he started getting really hot his face was glossy he started walking funny n was loosing his balance.we took him outside to get some air n cool down.we then took him in n sat him down he said his whole left side was numb and asleep he went home still no feeling. Next day he could move n feel his left side. But was really sore especially in his neck. What the hell happened? Mini stroke? Bulge disk? Please help.: im just cautious and worry.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013