Hot flashes, depression, brain fogginess after total hysterectomy. Pain during intercourse. How long to continue medication?

I had a total hysterectomy 10-2011 and after 6 months no HRT , I began to have mild hot flashes, depression to the point of breaking down in tears for no reason, brain fogginess (would be driving my work truck and would have to pull over because I was so confused about where I was and where I was supposed to be going, excruciating, unbearable pain with intercourse...etc. Started on femhrt, estrace, and premarin and all went symptoms went away. Depression came back along with gastrointestinal/digestive problems so I reduced estrace dose and these new symptoms reduced dramatically. I have always been very healthy mind and body but now feel like I m falling apart! Do I have to stay on these hormones forever? Or, will I be able to wean off them similar to natural menopause?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013