Hot flashes and sleep disorder. Start Hormone Replacement Therapy. Can i have sex?

Dr Lundi, I m a 47 yr old mother of a 25yr old son. I recently consulted a physician due to slight sleep disorders and hot flashes. The doctor said I m into the peri-menopausal state and suggested I stop taking Marvelon (desogestrel-ethynil estrodiol ) and start Hormone Replacement Therapy with Angeliq ( drospirenone + estradiol ). My pharmacist then told me that Angeliq should be started only after 12 months of absence of menstrual flow, and suggested I take plant-based supplements to help me sleep. I am totally confused and scared. I stopped Marvelon and should have taken the first pill last Saturday if I had continued on it. Right now I am NOT on Marvelon or Angelic or anything else. Can I still have safe sex with my husband this month? Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012