Hospitalized after bleeding stools. Happened after yard work. Had internal bleeding?

my dad has been admitted from peeing blood clots, this seems to happen every 6 to 9 months since my mother died 4 years ago. He has had been given a number of pints of blood since yesterday, he is 73 and not in the best of health but decided to do 3 days of leave burning and yard work that lead up to this. Is it possible he could have been bleeding internally before he started the yard work?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Yes this is possible he might be bleeding internally before he stated working and working aggravated the bleeding.This is not important at this point of time what aggravated the bleeding.Important is what is the cause and source of bleeding ?and how to stop bleeding at this point of time?
Hope this answers your question