Horse ran over the inner thigh, hard ball size mass that hurts. Medication ?

hi i had been thrown from my horse 2 weeks ago and she ran over me on my inner thigh i have a tennis ball size mass hat hurts and is painfull when i walk it is round and noticible it feels like a ball of something and is hard as a rock ? is this massive bruissing or what how did this happin need answers e.r is exspensive?? thank you
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012

I have studied your case,

Due to blunt injury there can be hematoma collection .The bleeding that occurs result in hematoma collection. Over a period of time, as hematoma resolves it cause local skin symptoms around the hematoma.

Continue ice application, and thrombhophobe ointment may help and take rest.

You can do x ray to see for fracture, giving supportive splint will give early recovery.

If required you may need to do blood investigation for prognosis and recovery.
Take precaution to avoid infection around hematoma.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.