Horrible stomach pains, cramps and bloody stools. CT shows pancolitis. What is the best way to treat this?

Hi Dr. I was just in the Emergency room with horrible stomach pains, cramps and bloody stools . I just had a baby now 3 weeks ago. The ER doc came in after doing a CT scan of abd/ pelvis and it showed pancolitis. I have a hx of IBS but it went into remission after having my first child 5 years ago. What is the best way to treat this? How long do symptoms usually last? Could this have been caused by my pregnancy?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012