Horrible head ache, drinks lots of processed drinks. Mineral deficiency? Any ideas?

A friend of mine has horrible headaches, and they are so bad that he has to throw up, but then he feels better. It's not everyday he has them, but it's not rare either, it's every once in a while... Could this be a magnesium or mineral deficiency? Dehydration? He drinks alot of cokes and hardly any water. Or could it be from processed foods? He said he's had this most of his life. I know it's migranes, but I'm wondering what is the cause? Thanks. He's in his 20's.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013