Hole on neck, leaks yellowish liquid, swells. How to make it stop? what the liquid is?

I have a small hole on my neck . I have had it since birth. When I was born, my doctor told my mother that it was most likely a gill that had not grown over. Every once in a while it leaks a clear or yellowish liquid. It does not hurt, but it does swell slightly when this happens. Any suggestions on how to make it stop or answers as to what the liquid is?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome in H.c.m.
I have gone through your query regarding small hole in neck since birth, it swells time to time and does not hurt but lakes yellowish fluid.
Considering all aspects of your complaints it appears that you are having bronchial fistula. this is a congenital defect. As far as treatment is concern that is only surgical correction. Before surgery one investigation called as sinogram is must to identify the entire tract and than excise the entire sinus tract.

I hope your query is explained.

With Regards.