Hole in tonsils area, infected, discolored, green discharge, sensitive, swelling. What is wrong?

I have a hole in the back of my mouth where my tonsils are located. At first I was cleaning it out and a white substance was coming out regularly. The area seems to have become more infected as the white stuff is becoming more discoloured to a greenish tinge and is not coming out as often. The hole has also become very sensitive and has a swollen area that I believe is the location of the rest of the substance.
My thoughts are that it may be pus from the awful taste I get at times.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013