Hole in the nose since birth. Child born with the same deformity. What is it called?

I have had a small hole on my nose since birth. Every day i have to squezz it and i forgot what my mom said it was but they could of removed it when i was a child but my mom didnt want scaring around my face. Its still their after all these years and im 30. I still need to squezz it and now hair grows out of it and sometimes its a pain. When my daughter was born she had they same thing but hers is the hole at the nose and it runs to her ear base on both sides. I want to know what this is called and even though she has nothing comming out of it now and shes 8 will their be a chance if she will have problems with it like i have today. I have asked her pediatrition but she didnt see anything like it and says its fine but i just wanna make sure. Thank you so much!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
These are developmental abnormalities , as the facial development before birth in mothers womb occurs after fusion of many small parts , if there is any abnormality then things like this like the sinus you have on the dorsum of nose develops.
If such abnormalities develop then for your daughter you must consult an ENT specialist and get her examined in details , as there can be other associated abnormalities in abdomen too.
For you the treatment for the sinus is surgery.Or otherwise take care as if it gets infected then the infection can go straight in brain and can cause serious problem