Hole in the leg due to string like substance cameout, bleeding and hard feel. What can this be due to?

I have a a smaill hole on my leg the size of a needle heedle head for years before I wouls squeeze it and a hard white silly string type substance would come out. I can stilck a needle all the way in the hole where only the very top of the needle is sticking out and sometime it might bleed a little but not very often and sometimes I can still get a hard feeling substance out of the hole. WHat could this be. How is it I am able to stick a needle in this hole and feel nothing?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be a round worm infection. I want to know full detail before i can advice any thing about this. My advice to you is to show it to a surgeon as soon as possible. If you want you can send images of the wound to me. I will try my best to help you about the diagnosis.