Hole in the heart.what should we do? please advise.

Sir, my wife is having ASDdiagnosed last yr.Doctors told,due to more age at 6 yrs,need not go for surgery, nut now other doctors say.go for surgery and there is no risk at age of 6.Age is not the point. what should we do, please advise.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Aug 2009
It depends on the type of the ASD and its perodic assesment by the cardiologist. usually if the hole is not reducing in size by itsely, it should be closed to prevent complication in future. its better to confirm whether the hole is showing any tendency towards closure by itself or not. if not than surgery should be undertaken for the closure.
i/m looseng blood .i have tto have a blood shot when my level drops too low . could thi blood loast be from the heart . i can/t have serguary . my kindeys could/nt take there too weak