Hole in teeth, pain and swelling. Diagnosed as tumour in gums. Is it curable?

hello doctor, my husband have hole in his left side teeth and whenever he have his good (anything) it got strucked in that hole. now from past 15 days he have hihts of pain and in similar way swelling also at the part. while getting the testing done the doctor said he have tomer in his gems., pls advice is it curable., how long would it gonna take.. what are the precautions to be taken.. i am very much concern about him now.. i cant see him in that pain.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012