Hole in eardrum. Pains while burping after drinking water. Suggestions for cure?

Totaly confused ,pls help.i have a hole in my eardrum.medium sized will i know if its healing? i am 24yrs female.i got a hole in my eardrum after a gave me an appointment after a monthso as to chek if its healed.havent prescribed any medicines.told me to take paracetamol for pain.been 2 weeks still having earpain,ringing in the ear,and ear question is 1)how will i know if my eardrum is healing?what are the symptoms? 2)a friend of mine told me to drink 4x160ml of water before brushing as it will help me heal it.i feel while i am folowing that i get so many burbs through out the day?by which my ear starts to pain.should i continue or should i stop?also does it realy help heal my eardrum? 3)pain has got severe in ear cos of burbs that is making me difficult in even opening my mouth.what do i do? 4)some one told me to use amoxicillin which will help me in healing eardrum.should i use it?if yes then what is the dose required?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013