Hole in ear drum, feeling pulse in ear, painful. Given antibiotics. Recommendations?

Hi I have a hole in my left ear drum. Went to the er and the doctor gave me antibiotics and something for the pain. I don't understand why he gave me antibiotics because he said there was no infection. I am in pure agony, I have never been in so much pain. I can't hear, I have a fever,I'm dizzy, I can feel my pulse in my ear and the pain is going into my jawbone. I also have had tubes in my ears all throughout my childhood. I don't know what to do but I cannot handle this for much longer.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query and after co-relating your medical history as putting of tubes in your both ear in childhood, it appears that you are having acute otitis media.

I hope that tubes whatsoever had been put in childhood may be expelled out and at present your eustachian tube is not working properly and had created either negative pressure in your middle ear or there may be fluid collection in your middle ear. Both these are painful diseases and differential diagnosis is made by clinical examination.

You may take now-

1- Analgesic like tab Paracetamol.

2- Decongestant.

3- Steam inhalation.

I hope this will help you otherwise consultation with ENT specialist will become necessary.

Regards.