Hole above butthole that sometimes bleeds

i have a small hole above my butthole that sometimes bleeds. what does this mean? male 15 no medical problems in past.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Is there any pus draining from there. You could be having congenital depression in the skin or pilonidal sinus which is infection and causing the bleeding and pus formation. You should keep the area clean and dry and consult a Surgeon to get examined thoroughly and get appropriate treatment.
no pus just blood sometimes its like right at end of tailbone
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.This is a pilonidal sinus and it can have an another opening inside in to your intestine.You need more investigation like sinogram where in a dye is injected in the hole and x rays are taken.If there is a communication in side you might need surgery.Please do not ignore this and visit a surgeon who after examination will give proper advise.
wishing you good health.