Hoarse throat, fever, breathlessness. Persistent cough, yellow mucus. No improvement with penicillin, amoxocilyn. Viral laryngitis?

I have had a hoarse throat for about 4/5 weeks now. Has been fairly mild. I had a fever about 2.5 weeks ago that lasted a couple of days which left be breathless (I do have mild asthma as well). I felt better for a week or so but the hoarseness has continued. Over the last week the hoarseness has been more noticeable and have developed a sore through and dry, tickly, persistent cough and have been coughing up a clear and sometimes yellow tinted mucus. I do smoke occasionally (rolling tobacco). I did also have leukemia 15 years ago (ALL) which I made a full recovery from. I have been prescribed penicillin and amoxocilyn which had no effect so obviously not bacterial. Is this likely to be a viral laryngitis or something more sinister? There arte a lot of viruses / bugs aropund at the moment here in the UK so appreciate might just be suffering with that. Have been concerned about throat cancer though no lumps, blood, loss of energy etc
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013