Hives, red bumps, itching, fever. History of roseola. Is this due to virus or something else?

my 4 yr. old son woke up yesterday with what i thought were hives ... red bumps and very itchy. he had a low-grade fever as well. it was after office hours so our pediatrician was closed... we took him to west-med urgent care. dr. there said she thought it was just a virus. this morning he has more itchy bumps. he s had roseola in the past and it doesn t look like that anyway. also, dr. said it wasn t 5th disease either. what is it? i don t feel confident knowing it s a virus without any definite diagnosis. now the itching is worse and i m worried this morning. i think we will see our pediatrician this morning.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012