Hives on legs, done CBC test, painful, hot to touch, bruising

Three days ago I developed what looked like hives on my legs, one on my knee cap two on my shin and several more on the outside of my thighs. They were all about the size of a quarter to half dollar. I saw my doctor who prescribed over the counter antihistamine, which hasn t helped. He also ordered a CBC blood test . I called the lab and was told that there was nothing unusual from the blood test. The marks on my knee and shin are painful, (like a joint pain), hot to the touch and now are bruising. I am a thirty two year old female with no known allergies and am in overall good health. I am wondering if I should go to the ER or wait to be seen again by my doctor. Please advise.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012