Hives all over body. Swelling in leg, veins sticking out. D-dimer slightly elevated. Hashimotos?

I have been covered head to toe in hives for the last 6 months almost on a daily basis. I have gained 40 pounds despite either a normal eating pattern or cutting calories. My aunt recently told me the same thing happened to her and she was diagnosed with Hashimotos. I went to the doctor yesterday because of swelling in one leg and veins sticking out and a bruise on the bottom of my foot with no trauma. They checked all of my thyroid markers even thyroid antibody and everything came back normal except my d-dimer was slightly elevated. An ultrasound on my leg was also clear yesterday. I am wondering with those tests coming back normal is there any way it could still be hashimotos and if not...does anything come to mind that I should be checked for. I am 38...I cant keep hiving like this every day it is driving me crazy!!!
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013