Hive infection, allergic reaction to antibiotics, chin swelling. Taking benadryl, steroids. Cause of concern if spreading to throat and tongue?

I developed bad hives three days ago I think as a reaction to an antibiotic. I stopped taking the antibiotic, have been taking benadryl regularly, and was given a steroid shot yesterday. Hives still haven t gone away. I didn t have any on my face until a few minutes ago. But when I washed my face, my entire chin swelled up in less than a minute and feels numb. I m not having rouble breathing, but its still kind of freaking me out. Do I need to worry about it suddenly spreading to my tongue or throat?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012