Hit the head hard, immediate lump on back of head that softened gradually and is fluid filled. Suggestion?

Last night I was pushed down and hit my head hard on concrete. Immediately, a baseball size lump was on the back of my head. The knot was hard last night, but this morning it was soft and feels like it may have fluid in it. Under the soft lump feels like it is inverted. Was fully alert the whole time. What do you think?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012

It seems that you developed hematoma.

There is collection blood underneath the skin...leading to swelling.

Blood may clotted and swelling became soft.

Cold compresses might improve.

You consult surgeon for firm diagnosis.

Anti inflammatory drugs,antibiotics,vitamin C and K ...may be taken.

Take a bed rest till you improve.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD