Hit pelvic area, stinging, tenderness, swollen, redness, bump. Should I see a doctor?

hi Dr, I am a 48 years old woman, in good health. I was learning how to ride a bike today and I fell on the handle of the bike, and it hit my right pelvic area close to the groin . It was so painful once I got hit, but then I was fine and I went on as normal with the day, feeling the stinginess and the tenderness. It swelled up and it is red, black and blue now, and I can feel a big bump on the whole area where it was hit, and I feel it when I walk and move and it is swollen and tender to the touch, however I think that my inside organs are fine as there is no other symptoms except the swelling and the tenderness on the surface. Should I see a doctor, and if not, what should I do to minimize the swelling and to get some relief, and how long it will be before it goes back to normal? thank you very much.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
It seems that you have suffered a soft tissue injury in the area. The swelling you have is likely to be a hematoma. It is likely to decrease with a cold compress and adequate rest. Avoid weight bearing and any exercise. It will be alright in 3-4 weeks.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal