Hit on thigh, swelling, used heating pad, again hit the same place. Cure?

I was at work and i hit my upper thigh really hard on my press. About a week later i noticed it was swollen so i made an appointment with my doctor and he said i more and likely hit the muscle and told me to use a heating pad on it three times a day for 20 mins for two week. The swelling went way down and was almost gone and then i hit it in the same spot just a couple of days ago and it is swollen again. Not sure what to do. Please help
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012