Hit on thigh. Had bruise, swelling. Now hurts, agitated. Deep bruise, Why so long?

I was hang cleaning four weeks ago. I dropped the bar with heavy weight onto my thigh. After about two weeks my leg had gone through the normal swelling and bruising process and appeared fine. But now, to date, it still hurts to bump and gets agitated very easily. It feels as if my leg is on fire when it gets irritated. I can run fine and never notice it bothering me until it gets irritated. I am curious as to why this is still messing with me when it was over a month ago? Are these symptoms of maybe a deep bruise like bruising the bone?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013