Hit on the top on inner calf muscle causing hardness and swelling, numbness above ankle, tightness and pain. How can I fix this?

HI Dr. Mintz, I was playing baseball last Wednesday, and I was hit in the top of the inner half of my right calf muscle . I was able to play the rest of the game through the pain, however after the game my calf became hard and swollen. The inner park of just above my ankle is also numb and swollen. I began to ice and take Alieve to relieve the inflammation. It was our playoffs this weekend, and I was able to play, as the pain went away on the field. Come Monday, I woke up with the same pain, swelling has not subsided, and it is very hard for my to put my right heel on the ground in order to walk properly as everything feels extremely tight and pain in the bottom of my right calf. I m a 31 year old, healthy male. I have the final weekend of my playoffs this coming weekend. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Or is ice or heat plus Alieve/ Advil the only thing I can do? Thank you in Advance, Marc Walton
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012