Hit on the top of shin, bruising and swelling at the point of impact, feeling of hole on the site of muscle probably fluid filling. What could this be?

15 days ago I took a hit to my right leg just inside the top of my shin whilst playing football. It is bruised and swollen at the point of impact. It is not painful if left alone but is tender to the touch. It feels like my muscle has been displaced and when I feel the area I notice what seems like a hole where muscle used to reside. It feels like it is possibly filled with fluid. Any ideas what this injury might be and how long it will take to heal?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012