Hit on the tailbone causing sharp pain, since have pain on stretching, standing up. Treatment required?

Yesterday I was kind of walking fast while I had my lunch and then I fell on one of my dogs toy on the way to the living room and didn t want the bowl(glass) to drop so I kind of turned around on my back and hit the right side of my tail bone from two stairs billow which are pritty steep so it was kind of a long distance and got a really sharp pain and now when I stand up or stretch it really hurts should I tell my mom to take me to the orthopedic doctor or chiropractor? by the way I m 11 sorry spelling is not great and this is my moms email just so you know
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013