Hit on the shin, large lump appeared within minutes, increased soreness, difficulty in walking. How should I treat it?

i apparently hit my shin while being thrown from a tube while on the lake this afternoon and a large lump (appears like I have a second knee ) formed in under five minutes. It is sore and I don t feel like I can walk well on it. It is cool to the touch. I have never experienced anything like this before and wonder if I should do anything to treat it. Thank you for any of your thoughts!
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012