Hit on the head in the past, have excessive sleep, concentration lapses since with discomfort in head area. Suggestions?

Hi I was driving into the airport in my two wheeler. I was wearing my Helmet. Suddenly I got hit by a long Toll gate steel rod over the helmet. It was closing down actually. I got a dash sound over my head...but i did not got any giddiness or vomit till date (3 full days over). But I feel fear , and i feel am getting sleep quickly in nights and not able to concentrate in office too. And usually i am feeling slight uncomfortable feel in my head in full area. Please suggest what shall i do? I consulted doctor , he said if u did not get any vomit or giddiness, then don worry. And he said if u feel pain then just have pain killer. Pls suggest me am fearing lot.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013