Hit on the head, dull headache throughout the day, eye tenderness. Suggestive treatment?

Yesterday I was wakeboarding and caught an edge and came down hard on the back of my head. I think I knocked myself out, and had a dull headache the rest of the day. Today I have just a slight headache, but my left eye is tender for some reason. I don t have insurance, so I don t want to go to the doctor unless I absolutely need to. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry, as your symptoms suggest a mild head injury.

As of now, there is no need to go to a doctor.

Please watch for warning symptoms such as severe headache, vomiting, blurred vision, fits, weakness of arm or leg, etc. If any of these symptoms develop, you can go to a doctor and get a CT scan of head done.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: