Hit on the forearm, lump and bruising on the entire forearm. How can I treat this?

I recently bumped my forearm very hard by slipping in the bathtub. I now have a large lump half the size of a golfball and just as wide sticking out of the outside of my arm against the bone. I don t feel like the bone is broken, and it s not really painful, just uncomfortable. It is also accompanied by my entire forearm being bruised. This happened a week ago. How should I treat it to help the swelling and bruising go away? And should I have reason for concern?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013