Hit on the eye, eyelid seems to be shut, scratch ave the impact area. Emergency?

My dad fell when he went outside last night. He hit the concrete on his left eye. There is a huge not above the eye lid and eye brow. His eyelid is swole shut and very big and purple. He has a scratch at the impact area above the eye brow. Does he need to go to ER. It has been 18 hours and he says he has no pain. I m worried if it messed up something internally, though he acts fine. What can take the swelling down? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012