Hit on the back, soreness on the back followed by chest pain and swelling, chest hurts on sneezing, laughing. Cure?

I got hit from behind at rugby practice. The first night afterwards my back near the rib area was a little sore (left side). The following the day my chest (left side) started bothering me. This happened on a Thursday and it is now Wednesday and my chest is swollen (left side) only. It s very sensitive to the touch and hurts when I sneaze/cough/laugh. I have no obvius bruising.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012

Welcome to HCM,
It is wise to rule out fracture ribs.
Till then, kindly take pain killer medicines orally and sprays.
Warm compress can ease the pain.