Hit on the ankle, pain, swelling spread to fair portion of foot, slight discoloration. Is it safe to fly?

Hi... I was at a golf driving range today and somehow accidentally hit a golf ball off my ankle. It hurts as expected, and the swelling area has already spread to a fair portion of my foot and a couple inches up my leg. Some of the swelling is discolored. I can walk on it but I can definitely feel pain as I do. I have to get on a plane from Missouri to California tomorrow (roughly 24 hours after incident) and I won t have time to get to a doctor before the flight. I was hoping to find out if this is normal, if I ll be safe to fly, and if I should take any precautions on/before the flight. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012