Hit on shin, long cut, applied neosporin, taken bandage off, no bleeding

Hello Doctor, My friend gashed his shin on a sharp cement edge of a pool approximately 3 or 4 hours ago. The cut is approximately 2 inches long. Right after the inicident, we rinsed it a bit with water and dressed it with gauze and applied some neosporin . We just took the bandage off and it needed a bit of oxygen and he had been walking, and running a bit, on it. It hasn t yet clotted, but it s not bleeding anymore. What should we do? Thank you, Elaine
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
I suggest you to go clinic for antiseptic dressing.
And if the wound is deep, suturing has to be done.
And apply an antibiotic cream externally thrice daily with the advice of a doctor.
If he is not up to date for tetanus toxoid shot, get him tetanus shot.
Therefore I suggest you to consult medical care for further management.
Hope I have answered your query.