Hit on ear. Loud ringing sound, Popping noise on yawning, swallowing. Membrane tear, resolves itself?

I practice Martial arts and this evening I got hit in my right ear. I was not hurt in severe pain or knocked out but just experienced a loud ringing in my ear. Since then I can't hear as well in that ear but still can hear a little and have a little residual tinnitus. In also hear little crackling or popping noises when I swallow or yawn. How concerned should I be? My instructor told me the hit wasn't hard enough to cause any permanent damage and said this has happened many times to him and it usually resolves in a few days or longer if there is a tear of the membrane.

Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013