Hit on ear. Feeling like air coming out of ear and hearing loss. Is it curable?

hi can you please help me i was slapped in the ear by accident and now i cant hear very well. my ear is ringing and it feels like pressure but i know its not. i tried to equlize the pressure by clamping by nose and blowing, but i actually FEEL the air coming out of my ear. no blood as of now and i can hear very little. happened yesterday. please diagnose me with whats wrong and PLZ PLZ PLZ tell me its cureable.-tanner
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello,your ear drum will have a tear,we call this a Traumatic perforation.do not worry this is definitely CURABLE.most of these tears heal by themselves in a few weeks.do not allow water to enter your ears while showering.do not instill ear drops of any kind.do not try to equalize pressure.see an ENT doctor. get well soon.dr praveen.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.