Hit knee, very painful. No bruise. Should I consult a doctor?

I slammed my knee into a table 3 days ago; it was very painful and I almost went to the ER but I was out of town so I didn t. It still hurts to the touch as well as when I bend it. It is dull and achy when I m just sitting. I have no bruising or inflammation. I feel it would hurt a lot more if I fractured it so I don t think that is the case. My question is... should I see a doctor if I don t think that it is fractured or torn? I can deal with the pain but I am an avid runner and don t want to make things worse. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012