Hit inner ankle with softball. Have bruise. Pains on pressing lump on ankle. Treatment?

Last week I was hit in the inner ankle with a softball. I do not have pain walking or running other than discomfort with bruising around my ankle. This week I have found a lump above the inner ankle bone that hurts if I press on it. The outer part of my ankle is also sore to the touch. I am a runner and would like to continue running but I don't want to further cause an injury. Will the bruising and pain go away after a few weeks of icing? Can I still run as long as it doesn't hurt to run. My ankle hurts most when I squat down and really bend my ankle. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013