Hit in face with brick, mouth starts bleeding, swollen lips, no wounds seen. Reason for bleeding?

I was having a birthday party with water slides, a little girl tried jumping off and hit her face directly on a brick . She started bleeding out her mouth immediately. After bleeding has stopped her lips are severly swollen both top and bottom but I cant seem to find any cuts inside or around her mouth. Just curious as to why she bled if their is no open wounds and why her lips are swollen. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
the bleeding could be caused because of teeth biting on the cheeks or lips internally and that may cause the lips swelling too